Reusable bags have really caught on. I know I personally have at least 25 of them (all free!) and I am shocked at how much they hold.
Here are the stores I know offer incentives for bringing in your own bags:
- CVS - sells the Green Bag Tag for 99c. Bring your own bags and have them scan it and after 4 trips (must be on different days), you will receive a $1 ECB at the register
- Sun Harvest – 5 cents per bag
- Sunflower Markets – 10 cents per bag
- Target - Offers 5c per reusable bag that is used to bag your purchases
- Whole Foods – 10 cents per bag
Do you know any other stores that do this? Let us know!
Most of you are here reading my blog because you want to save money. We save at the grocery store and we save at the drug store. But there are lots of ways we could be saving and stretching our dollar.
Do you ever buy frozen waffles or pancakes? I know I do! My son loves pancakes and most morning I don’t have the time to make them from scratch. Well, I tried this a couple months ago and it works perfectly and saves you a lot, specially if you make more than you need (like I always do!)
Here’s how it works:
- Make your pancakes and waffles as you normally would and let them cool.
- Line them up individually on a greased cookie sheet (or use parchment paper) and leave them in the freezer 2-3 hours (just long enough to get frozen) and then transfer to freezer bags.
- Makes for a quick breakfast or snack at less than half the cost of buying frozen!
- Make sure to label your bags with the date and flavors, if you choose to make blueberry or other flavor pancakes.
- Enjoy the extra time!
Do you freeze any breakfast items? Do you have any money saving tips? Share them with us!
I am very excited to share with all you guys the newest section of Austin Couponing, “Daily Tips”. I get lots of emails asking me about many things, not only how to use coupons but how to save money in other areas. So starting today we’ll have 5 New daily posts, each targeted to an specific area in our lives.
I had all my wonderful readers in mind when I started this, and I am so happy I can help you and pay it forward. So here are Austin Couponing’s 5 New babies :
- Munchies Monday: Mondays I will share with you a new recipe, it will either use ingredients that are on sale that week or just be an awesome affordable recipe I think you really need to try. Let me warn you I have quite a sweet tooth
- Tutorial Tuesday: My husband makes fun of me all the time, because I seem to have a new favorite hobby every month, so here I will share with you all the projects I am trying to accomplish, it will be anything from home decorating to crafty goodness.
- Weight Wednesday: Pretty self explanatory name, I don’t know about you guys but most women (and some men) I know are always trying to find ways to loose those 10, 20, 30 or more pounds. Weight Wednesday will be all about tips on how to be healthy and loose or maintain a healthy weight.
- Thrifty Thursday: As if I wasn’t cheap enough with all the coupons, I am going to show you other ways to cut your spending and save the most money. Some of the ideas will be things I actually do, and some will be things you might want to try. But I understand not everyone should be on Extreme Cheapskates, lol
I can’t wait to start sharing this awesome tips with you guys and if you have any ideas, tips or suggestions please email me
and let me know, I love to hear from my wonderful readers! And if your idea or tip is featured on Austin Couponing I will send you a special surprise!
Hope you find it useful, Enjoy!