Photo from: MarthaStewart.com
I saw these at a display window downtown Austin, TX and I feel in love, I was about 6 months pregnant with my daughter and I decided I wanted them for my baby shower. So I looked and looked until I found a good tutorial. MarthaStewart.com has the best one with tons of pictures but I did change some of the materials for things I had laying around. After all, I was trying to make something nice and affordable.
What you need:
- Tissue paper in desired colors (8 sheets per pom-pom)
- Dental floss
- Fishing thread, or any other plastic see-through thread.
Step 1: Stack eight 20-by-30-inch sheets of tissue. Make 1 1/2-inch-wide accordion folds, creasing with each fold.
Step 2: Cut an 18-inch piece of dental floss and slip over center of folded tissue; tie. With scissors, trim ends of tissue into rounded or pointy shapes.
Step 3: Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time.
Step 4: Make another knot and make sure dental floss is secured. Cut and attach the fishing thread. Hang it from the ceiling of skip the fishing thread and tape to the wall.
Did you like it? Let us know where will you be using them!
I am very excited to share with all you guys the newest section of Austin Couponing, “Daily Tips”. I get lots of emails asking me about many things, not only how to use coupons but how to save money in other areas. So starting today we’ll have 5 New daily posts, each targeted to an specific area in our lives.
I had all my wonderful readers in mind when I started this, and I am so happy I can help you and pay it forward. So here are Austin Couponing’s 5 New babies ;-):
- Munchies Monday: Mondays I will share with you a new recipe, it will either use ingredients that are on sale that week or just be an awesome affordable recipe I think you really need to try. Let me warn you I have quite a sweet tooth 😛
- Tutorial Tuesday: My husband makes fun of me all the time, because I seem to have a new favorite hobby every month, so here I will share with you all the projects I am trying to accomplish, it will be anything from home decorating to crafty goodness.
- Weight Wednesday: Pretty self explanatory name, I don’t know about you guys but most women (and some men) I know are always trying to find ways to loose those 10, 20, 30 or more pounds. Weight Wednesday will be all about tips on how to be healthy and loose or maintain a healthy weight.
- Thrifty Thursday: As if I wasn’t cheap enough with all the coupons, I am going to show you other ways to cut your spending and save the most money. Some of the ideas will be things I actually do, and some will be things you might want to try. But I understand not everyone should be on Extreme Cheapskates, lol
I can’t wait to start sharing this awesome tips with you guys and if you have any ideas, tips or suggestions please email me
and let me know, I love to hear from my wonderful readers! And if your idea or tip is featured on Austin Couponing I will send you a special surprise!
Hope you find it useful, Enjoy!