Today’s Munchies Monday is Taco Ring! This is a very yummy recipe that’s always a hit with my kids. Hope you like it too!
Photo Courtesy of Taste of Home
1 lb lean ground beef
1 (1 ¼ ounce) package taco seasoning mix
**Use $0.60/3 Old El Paso Product Printable
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
**Use $0.50/2 Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese Product Printable
2 tablespoons water
2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
**Use $0.50/2 Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls from Cellfire
**Or $0.40 off three Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls
1 medium bell pepper
1 cup salsa
**Use $1/2 Pace Product SS 01/22/12
3 cups lettuce , shredded
1 medium tomato
¼ cup onion , chopped (optional)
sour cream (optional)
How you make it:
- Cook ground beef in large skillet over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, add taco seasoning, onion and bell pepper.
- Add the ketchup and the canned tomato sauce, cook until onion looks translucent and sauce is reduced.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles.
- Arrange triangles in a circle on a foil lined cookie sheet or pizza stone, but any flat round pan should work even a pizza sheet, but make sure you spray it with Pam before adding the crescent rolls.
- Scoop meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered).
- Bake at 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Shred lettuce, tomatoes and make your favorite salad as a side.
- Add your toppings to top of ring and finish with shredded cheese and sour cream.
Enjoy!! Sounds good? Let me know if you liked it!
I am very excited to share with all you guys the newest section of Austin Couponing, “Daily Tips”. I get lots of emails asking me about many things, not only how to use coupons but how to save money in other areas. So starting today we’ll have 5 New daily posts, each targeted to an specific area in our lives.
I had all my wonderful readers in mind when I started this, and I am so happy I can help you and pay it forward. So here are Austin Couponing’s 5 New babies :
- Munchies Monday: Mondays I will share with you a new recipe, it will either use ingredients that are on sale that week or just be an awesome affordable recipe I think you really need to try. Let me warn you I have quite a sweet tooth
- Tutorial Tuesday: My husband makes fun of me all the time, because I seem to have a new favorite hobby every month, so here I will share with you all the projects I am trying to accomplish, it will be anything from home decorating to crafty goodness.
- Weight Wednesday: Pretty self explanatory name, I don’t know about you guys but most women (and some men) I know are always trying to find ways to loose those 10, 20, 30 or more pounds. Weight Wednesday will be all about tips on how to be healthy and loose or maintain a healthy weight.
- Thrifty Thursday: As if I wasn’t cheap enough with all the coupons, I am going to show you other ways to cut your spending and save the most money. Some of the ideas will be things I actually do, and some will be things you might want to try. But I understand not everyone should be on Extreme Cheapskates, lol
I can’t wait to start sharing this awesome tips with you guys and if you have any ideas, tips or suggestions please email me
and let me know, I love to hear from my wonderful readers! And if your idea or tip is featured on Austin Couponing I will send you a special surprise!
Hope you find it useful, Enjoy!