Today’s Munchies Monday is Taco Ring! This is a very yummy recipe that’s always a hit with my kids. Hope you like it too!
1 lb lean ground beef
1 (1 ¼ ounce) package taco seasoning mix
**Use $0.60/3 Old El Paso Product Printable
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
**Use $0.50/2 Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese Product Printable
2 tablespoons water
2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
**Use $0.50/2 Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls from Cellfire
**Or $0.40 off three Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls
1 medium bell pepper
1 cup salsa
**Use $1/2 Pace Product SS 01/22/12
3 cups lettuce , shredded
1 medium tomato
¼ cup onion , chopped (optional)
sour cream (optional)
How you make it:
- Cook ground beef in large skillet over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, add taco seasoning, onion and bell pepper.
- Add the ketchup and the canned tomato sauce, cook until onion looks translucent and sauce is reduced.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles.
- Arrange triangles in a circle on a foil lined cookie sheet or pizza stone, but any flat round pan should work even a pizza sheet, but make sure you spray it with Pam before adding the crescent rolls.
- Scoop meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered).
- Bake at 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Shred lettuce, tomatoes and make your favorite salad as a side.
- Add your toppings to top of ring and finish with shredded cheese and sour cream.